You’ve definitely heard about the importance of professional teeth cleaning to avoid cavities and gum disease. But most people remain confused about how often should you get one? Your dentist and dental hygienist will likely recommend professional teeth cleaning at least twice a year if you have good oral hygiene habits and a healthy mouth. Most dental insurances nowadays cover two cleanings every year, but only a small percentage of patients use them. The advice to see a doctor twice a year isn’t arbitrary; there are valid reasons for it. Here at West Airdrie Dental, we have always tried to inform patients about the need for professional dental care along with providing dental treatments. Keeping this in mind, our dentists have come up with this blog to talk about teeth cleaning.
The plaque-causing bacteria are removed after a dental cleaning, but they re-colonize in your mouth within 24 to 48 hours. Even if you take good care of your teeth at home, some plaque reformation is unavoidable after six months. The longer it is in place, the more calcification occurs on your teeth. You won’t be able to delete it yourself once it reaches this point. It will necessitate your dental hygienist’s use of specialized equipment and abilities. You are less likely to develop a substantial plaque and tartar accumulation that could harm your oral health if you have professional teeth cleaning twice a year.
Benefits Of Professional Teeth Cleaning
- Removes Stains From Your Teeth – Your dental hygienist will be able to remove stains that might darken or dull your teeth during teeth cleaning. Your teeth will be whiter than they have ever been, brightening your smile.
- You Will Not Suffer From Gum Disease – Professional teeth cleaning can help you avoid gum disease, which can lead to tooth loss. As tartar promotes the formation of bacteria, deep cleaning is an effective and likely the best method for removing it.
- Really Helps To Avoid Oral Cancer – In today’s world, oral cancer is fairly widespread, with one person dying from it every hour in the United States alone. Teeth cleaning will enable early detection of cancerous cells, allowing them to be eliminated.
- Useful In Detecting Dental Problems – When you go to your dentist for professional cleaning, he or she will be able to check for common symptoms of dental problems such as fractures and broken fillings. This will urge early treatment, preventing the illness from worsening to the point of death.
- It Will Help To Prevent Heart Attack – There is a definite link between gum disease and cardiovascular disease, according to studies. Getting your teeth cleaned can help you lower your risk of heart attack and stroke. Having your teeth properly cleaned at least twice a year can help prevent gum disease, which can lead to cardiovascular disease.
- Resolves The Problem Of Bad Breath – The most prevalent causes of poor breath are plaque and tartar on your teeth. Plaque and tartar can be removed with the use of comprehensive cleaning to prevent and treat persistent foul breath. All you have to do now is double-check that you’re dealing with a recognized or trustworthy dentist.
- Will Let You Save Money In The Long Run – Cleaning treatments are usually covered by most dental insurance plans. You will save a lot of money if you take full advantage of this. Examine the insurance coverage thoroughly so that you may get the most out of it.
We hope you now know how often to go for teeth cleaning and the benefits of the treatment. In case you are looking for the best dental care in Airdrie, do book your appointment at West Airdrie Dental. Just remember that the best dentists in town are just a phone call away from helping you.