Even though you might never expect it to happen to you, dental emergencies are pretty common. In the past few years, more Canadians have been visiting hospital emergency departments to receive oral care, as per the Canadian Dental Association (CDA). Are you suffering from a dental problem and not sure about whether it’s a dental emergency? Then, here’s how you will understand what kind of dental care you require! And also how to find an Emergency Dentist if you need one!
What Constitutes a Dental Emergency?
- Loose tooth
- Severe toothache
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen jaw
- Abscessed tooth
- Cracked or fractured teeth
- Mouth tastes like metal
Finding an Emergency Dentist
- First of all, contact your dentist immediately if you’re facing an emergency. The CDA claims that maximum dentists put aside all their scheduled work for attending to emergency patients. So you may be able to see your dentist instantly.
- Where’s their location? In the case of maximum dental emergencies, the nearer the dental office, the better. If you’re residing far away from your dentist’s office, you can use the CDA’s online tool to look for a certified dentist near you.
- Your dental emergencies will probably not occur always during office hours. If it occurs overnight, on the weekend or during a holiday still try to contact your dentist. Their voicemail message may render instructions for emergencies or the phone number for a local on-call Emergency Dentist.
- Look for Affordability! Does your dental office accept your insurance? Not every dental facility accepts all kinds of dental insurance. If they don’t, gotta pay for your visit out of pocket. Understanding this beforehand can help you decide as to which office you should select.
- Is there any anesthesia available? Based on your dental emergency, instant action may be needed. In this case, anesthesia could aid you to relax so that pain is controlled during your treatment. Ask each potential dental office what type of anesthetic they are licensed to provide.
- Always choose Modern Services! Is the facility clean? Do you feel comfortable being treated there? If it isn’t clean and organized or the devices appear outdated, don’t hesitate to go elsewhere. While you might be dealing with pain, it’s better to be treated in a sterile environment! And of course, with the advanced technology and tools! Ensure the dental staff is wearing the proper protective gear while attending patients, such as gloves.
Get the Immediate Care You Need!
If you too are in search of an Emergency Dentist near me in, Airdrie then call us at West Airdrie Dental for immediate emergency services. We have the best dentists on board to render you relief from your pain. We are available 24/7 to make sure that you receive the treatment you require.